Monday, February 2, 2009

2 months and 1 week (tomorrow)....




YES - the tree is still up!! Sophia likes it, so it's staying up for awhile :) She calls the shots and if she likes it; then it stays :) Plus, I am trying to get her to hold her head up while she is laying on her belly. She does an awesome job when she is being held but the doctor said she needs "some" time on the belly.



She is laughing at us!!!


We took these this morning.....



She is very happy that Daddy is home - she sure has missed him!


Well, Sophia went for her doctor visit today and it went well! She is weighing in at 13 pounds and 15 ounces - almost 14 pounds! She is 24 inches long!! She was awake and alert at this appointment. She kept smiling at the doctor ;-)

So, doc explained some details about vaccinations and we have opted to start her vaccine process at 4 months instead of 2 months. I really don't have a good feeling about the whole vaccination theory and I think our main goal here is to protect Sophia and let her immune system build a little longer before we start giving her all of the injections.... I can only trust in GOD and pray that we are doing the right thing.





Aunt Natalie bought Sophia some Valentine's day outfits... so we put this one on her for her doctor appointment. Only one small problem... she spit up all over it! Luckily, we had a back up! Valentine outfit #2! Sorry, I didn't get any pictures on that outfit. I will get some another day.



KJ is giving her kisses because she does not want her picture taken!

Last week sometime I noticed she was drooling ALOT! I just figured it was something "new". Well, it is something new and according to the nurse we should start seeing some little "new" teeth pretty soon! OMG!

Sophia is doing alot of smiling at us and she seems to try and hold her upper body up. She is also grabbing at things and holding onto them. I do believe she is maturing and growing every day!

Mike is home this week and it is weird.... I feel like I have free time, ha ha!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing her vaccinations at four months instead of two! That whole deal is so scary, so much to consider. Sophie is so lucky to have you for a mom, worrying about her, loving her so much! I love you guys!! And miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I LOVE that picture where she is laughing!! What a pretty chub!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has gotten so big! It is amazing how fast she has grown. I love her Valentine's outfit. Also, the picture were she was laughing that is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete