Friday, April 19, 2013

18 weeks and 3 days of baby and Sophia went to the doctor 3 times in one week!

On the baby news: Baby #2 is growing right along :) He/She has a heartbeat of 158 per minute and when Dr. Purvis uses his fetal monitor to hear the baby, he/she is moving all over the place! I can feel baby from the inside but I don't feel the baby like "I think" I should... NOW, don't get alarmed. I'm basing that feeling on the last few months of pregnancy with Soph, where she was performing kung fu panda moves. I know this baby will move like that too but all in due time.
We also did blood work at the doctor appointment; this is for downs syndrome and spinal bifida screening. We wont find out the results for  a little while.

Daddy and Sophia in the waiting room at Dr. Purvis's office. Speaking of the Dr. Purvis office, it's moving to the new Madison Hospital! Woo Hoo, this is great news for a couple reasons! One: There will be more parking which is always a win win! Two: We will deliver baby #2 at the new hospital and this will give us a chance to familiarize ourselves with the location. YaY! All good if you ask me!

 Soo, when I was scheduling all of these doctor appointments, I had absolutely no intention of scheduling 3 appointments in ONE week!!! Trust me, not a good idea with a 4 year old.. LOL. BUT; as fate would have it, Sophia  did great! Here she is at the dentist office getting her teeth cleaned. After the cleaning, she sat in the chair by herself, without the glasses, and let the dentist look at her teeth. She got a clean bill of teeth! I mean health ;-)
 Amidst all of doctors appointments, our precious niece (my God-daughter:) decided to sing twinkle-twinkle little star and rock our socks off! Her Mommy and Daddy sent this video clip to us! Awesome!!
 Here's Soph taking pictures of herself while we waited on her doctor to see us. She got 4 shots at this visit, OH MY!!! The good thing is, she is done with shots until she's 11!!!! Woo Hoo!! A cool piece of info: her nurse is Caren Lawrence, I went to high school and played volleyball with Caren! She is a great nurse and I'm glad she's Sophia's!!
 Now, I'm not trying to compare my babies.... I just want to make sure my growing belly is on schedule and since I'm not getting the number of ultrasounds with the pregnancy that I got when I was pregnant with Soph. I decided to compare these two belly pics... The one on the left is Soph in Mommy's belly at 6 months :) The one on the right is baby#2 in mommy's belly at 4 months. :) They say the second time around the Mommy's belly gets bigger and faster, well in the words of the Monkee's, I'm a believer! :)
                        Pretty girl at Easter! Sophia is all ready for church in her Easter dress!
To end the post, here is a picture of the eldest child in our house :) KJ and he will be 8 on his birthday, August 25 :) We were up watching the birds and enjoying the fresh air!

Jumping topics and back to baby #2; our next appointment is May 15, 2013! At this appointment we will have an ultrasound!!!! YAY!!!! This will be our SECOND ultrasound thus far! I can't believe we've only had 2 ultrasounds! But since my pregnancy is going so well, there isn't a need for a lot of them.... which is a great thing, it just means less pictures of our family's new baby, which we will make up for when the baby makes his/her arrival!

Next time I make a post, I will call our baby by name! We have a girl name picked out: Lillianne Morgan Dempsey and a boys name picked out: Gabriel Connor Dempsey!!! Now, since Soph has named the baby Lightening McQueen... I think it's neat that the initials are LM.... if we have a girl her initials will be LM... that's just kind of cool! :)

How's Mommy doing? I'm good and tired; this second time around is more exhausting than the first. Plus, I'm 4 years older and I'm sure that is playing a role here. I will be 34 when this baby is born! I'm steadily gaining weight but Dr. Purvis says that is par for the coarse because a uterus full of baby, water and placenta is not light!! Not to mention these huge boobs I have, all of which are not usually part of my body... so it takes me awhile to get comfortable in this skin because I'm not use to filling out my frame! Apparently, my babies need the nutrients so as their Mommy, I will do whatever it takes to keep them healthy and growing! That's my main focus, my babies!! :) I joke a lot about the weight but I wouldn't change a thing about my pregnancies. So weird to say pregnanc(ies) - in the plural form... it's all still sinking in!

Real quick, there are days I wonder what it will be like with a party of 4 instead of a party of 3? I mean we've been 4 when we include KJ but he doesn't sit at the dinner table with us, even though he wants too! I wonder what this baby looks like? How will this baby act? What is life going to be like for Sophia with a younger sibling to share life, Mommy and Daddy and toys with??? I know, I know... I am rambling but I can't help it!!!! It's all so fascinating and awesome to me! In the words of Ronald McDonald,"I'm lovin' it!"

2 comments:

  1. I'm lovin it too!! Great post sister! I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sister! You're positive attitude is contagious! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete