Wednesday, October 15, 2008

35 weeks 0 days




This is my awesome jogging stroller that Natalie got us ;-) I can't wait to take Sophia for a jog!




Well, what do you know! We've made it 35 weeks and 9 Full Moons :) According to my mom, we have to make it through 10 full moons and we will have a baby!!! She was given that information from my Grandma Tersigni - which Grandma had 13 kids so she might have known a thing or two about the full moon process :) Plus, Grandma had all of her kids at home WITH the exception of 3. The last three were born in a hospital. I respect my Grandma for being pregnant more than 13 times ( she had 1 or 2 babies that didn't make it)!!! She lived most of her life pregnant ;-)
Ok, enough of the reminiscing.... yesterday we had a doctor's appointment and all went well, we are going to the doctor weekly now. I also found out that next week at our 36 week appointment the midwife, RN or doctor which ever examines me, will start checking for dilation!!! She is also going to do a culture for Strep-B, routine procedure. They just want to make sure there isn't any bacteria in the birth canal that will affect Sophia.
So this week was pretty much routine, we listened to Sophia's heartbeat and she is just trucking right along, punching and kicking mommy all day long :) I think she's starting to get a little cramped in there because I have been feeling (what I think are arms and legs) movement down by my hips and up in my lungs... well maybe not in my lungs but sometimes it sure does feel like it!!
My blood pressure was good, the urine test was normal and I've gained a total of 52 pounds so far ;-)

We are getting so close now, it's just a waiting game. We have some stuff for Sophia on order and we should start getting shipments in the mail pretty regularly until she gets here ;-) That definitely gives me something to look forward too!!!







Well, a little update on my hubby - he's almost done with the master bathroom. He pulled up the linoleum and painted! He also finished tiling the floor last night! All he has left is the grouting then replace the toe board.
It's amazing how those changes have REALLY changed the appearance of that bathroom! He has really reached a goal here with the completion of this bathroom not to mention he has done all of this work by his self. If nothing else, he has proven to his self that he can do whatever he sets his mind too! I'm very proud of him and how hard he has worked :) He is not only finishing up the master bathroom but he did the same work in the spare bathroom. He's learned so much about floors, toilets and remodeling. Plus the work he has done looks professional!!!!! All of this work on his vacation, WHAT A MAN ;-)
As far as work goes for him, we are still in a holding pattern. He checks in on Monday; I will post more about this next week when we have more information. But in the mean time we are just enjoying each others company ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Look how good you look! I'm soo excited, I can't hardly stand it! I can't wait to meet her, on the outside of you!

    Bathroom looks fantastic! Go Mike!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

    Talk to you soon!! Remember...I'm only a phone call away!!! Love you guys! Wish nothing but the best for the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guest bathroom looks so good!! I love the tile.

    I think my princess is more than ready to make her entrance!! Seems like she's been cooking forever!! Get out here Soph! Not that I'll be able to see you until you can talk... :p Christmas. Shooting for sometime around Christmas. Are you guys going to be home or in AL? I'm going where Sophie goes!!

    Love you Sophia!!!
    --Aunt Nicole

    P.S. Love you too Kimi! You're going to be such a great mama. That girl is pretty lucky!

    ReplyDelete