Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Love, Family and Friends...

I decided it was time to write a post on the blog. Since the passing of Gabe, we've received so much love and support from everyone we know! It's true what they say; we are surrounded by angels. :) We have the best and strongest circle of family and friends that it absolutely amazes me!!

One item of interest I need to add to this post is; Manu, Sophia and Aunt Mavis went to St. Mary's GA to get a short visit in with MyMy and TT and the Mausharts :) It was a good visit for everyone and I think Sophia racked up about 5 more barbies from My My and TT. Plus another doll and a book of tattoos from Robin :) I sure do wish that Mike and I would have been able to make that trip but we will get down there for a visit in due time.


Another item of interest is; Mike and I had the genetic testing done to see if we were carriers of the chromosome 13 deletion/translocation. The results came back that we are NOT carriers and that means Sophia isn't a carrier and we shouldn't have any troubles having another baby. The doctors said that what happened to Gabe was something that "just happened".

Our lives have been forever touched by a sweet baby and not a day passes that we don't think about him or "talk to him". Even Sophia chats it up with "Lightening McQueen".  We know that GOD has a bigger plan for us and we just have to have faith and believe in him.

Nicole, Natalie and I are going to run, jog, walk or crawl 13.1 miles in his honor. It should be a sight to see! ha! We are participating in the Disney half marathon in February 2014. My sisters have been training for it, they are going to rock it!! I just hope they come back for me after they cross the finish line ;-) They might want to bring Soph's wagon for me. ha!

Another one of GOD's miracles was the birth of Adilyn Harper Dawson. She is such a sweet baby and is growing stronger every day! Her and her Mommy made it through the delivery with minimal problems and they are taking on their new roles as Mommy and daughter pretty darn good! Daddy is great too!!

3 comments:

  1. You are truly an amazing woman/mother/wife. I love you soooooo very much!!! Hopefully, sweet Angel baby will get his Aunt through the 13.1 miles (i'm pretty sure he will)!

    ReplyDelete