So, for the past year Sophia and I have been hanging out, learning and playing and sometimes butting heads. Just like mommies and daughters do! It has been the best experience of my life! I've enjoyed every minute of it! We've gone to the park, library, swimming at Papa's, worked in the garden, cooked and cleaned the house and folded clothes and snuggled when we watched tv and we've even watched little cousin Carter any chance we could get! :) She is truly a blessing and I'm so very thankful that GOD gave her to me (us). :)
I can't believe how much she's grown in a year!!
Sophia made a family photo of Aunt Nicole, Uncle Rob and Zoe... which we had to mail to them.
Sophia has grown up over the past 5 years right before our eyes and she's such a fun loving, talkative, smart and wise little lady! She's also stubborn as ever ;) I wouldn't have her any other way!! I often wondered if she would have trouble with the kids at school, you know, as in picking on her. But, not to worry! She can definitely hold her own and will take care of herself! Not to mention, other kids that are getting picked on. I can see her standing up for them too! We as parents can only do so much to help mold our children into decent people and then it's up to them to carry the torch! Well, we still have our work cut out for us with this princess but I definitely think she is well on her way to being a beautiful person, both inside and out :)
Now for more pictures and updates!!! Another big deal over the course of this year has been, our move to our new house! We moved from our Madison house to our Eva house :) It's been a little culture shock for everyone but I feel like we are adjusting and we can make some changes to it so it feels like ours! We've already made changes to Sophia's and Giuliana's room!
Here's the chandeliers that will go in both girls rooms. They are Christmas presents from Manu, so we haven't hung them yet...
Sophia painted herself and Giuliana with the sample paint :)
We still have some work to do in Giuliana's room but this is a good start!!
Now, more big news!! Sophia lost 2 teeth this past summer!! She's been so excited about that because her friend Jaidyn, they played tball together and they were the only girls, lost 2 teeth this summer too!
Over the summer amidst all the going, going, going and teeth loosing and house buying. There were 2 very special birthdays. One was baby brother's on June 27 and the other one was Adilyn's on July 2nd! Both parties were a blast! Yes, both parties :) For baby brother, we had cupcakes and gifts courtesy of Aunt Nannie, Manu, Papa and Uncle Kraigy. We went to his grave and sang happy birthday to him and put his birthday flowers on his stone. Sophia is not happy with that headstone. She said it's to small and we need to get him one that stands up tall! I agree with her, we just have to save some $$ and get it done :)
Next, baby Adilyn had a very beautiful birthday party at Gamma's house and Aunt Mary did an awesome job on the decorations and cupcakes and cake! It was definitely a wonderful time and everyone had a lot to celebrate :)
Sophia wrapped up her summer with a few cool items.. like jumping on the trampoline at Shakalaka, going to 3 different Vacation Bible Schools, spending a night in the "woods" with Adilyn ;) And last but not least, her visit with My-My and T-T. :)
My oh my, where has the time gone. This precious girl was just a baby not that long ago and now she's going to school. I wanted to cry but it wasn't sad tears or happy tears. It was definitely tears of thanks. I am so very thankful to have this time with this little person and I'm so very grateful to get to be called her Mommy. :)
and I love you to pieces too pretty girl!
















































What a beautiful story you just told (I just wish it was longer!) Soph is blossoming into a beautiful butterfly just like her mommy! Baby brother is watching over her everyday and he helped God make Guiliana (so we know she will be perfect too)! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI love you too sister and thank you :)
ReplyDelete