Thursday, August 7, 2014

Reporting out from Sophia's first day of school!

As I'm waiting in the "pick-up your kid" line. I saw a lady with a microphone and she read the sign I had hanging in my car, "Sophia Dempsey!" Then there she was waiting to be picked up! Soph doesn't have to know I waited in that line for about 40 minutes. I wanted to make sure I got her!!!

Sooo, first thing she says," Mommy, I forgot my lunch box in the classroom!" So, I pulled up and she went and grabbed her lunch box. :) Then we were off! The highlights from her first day:

- She dropped her sandwich on the floor at lunch time and didn't get to eat it. She didn't even get a bite!!! She ended up eating her apples and had her fruit roll up at snack... :( I asked her if she was starving and she said, "nope".  Plus, I forgot to put her caprisun in her lunch box :( dang it!! Luckily she had her water bottle!! Which takes me to a mental note for me, send back up lunch money for just in case!! Ok, got it!

- Sophia wanted to write Sophia Dempsey on her paper and she started too but the teacher asked her not too. She just wanted her to write Sophia! This kind of confused Soph. She wanted to write both her names... :)

- She loved seeing Sawyer and Jaidyn. Her friends that are in other classrooms. Although, the kids she met today in her class were very nice and very talkative. She said that one girl kept talking even after the teacher told her not too! Soph said, "that girl didn't even raise her hand!"

- Sophia was not happy that her teacher told her she couldn't ride the merry-go-round. lol. Her teacher said she had to play on that with her parents.. this was probably the biggest and most important item that she'll share with everyone! :) ha ha

- Last thing, I drew a heart on her napkin and wrote I love you inside her napkin. She was not impressed. She asked me to not write on her napkin. She likes her napkins clean. ha ha!!

Here's her work for the day!
 Sophia tried to write Dempsey and Mrs. Woods said for her not to worry about it... :) She only wanted them to write their first names.

This is a little girl that doesn't like school and doesn't want to be there. I asked Sophia if that little girl was her and she said, "NO WAY!!"
Starting from Left to Right. A house, milkshakes, lady bug, tear from giant Louie, more houses.

1 comment: