Wednesday, September 3, 2008

29 weeks 0 days ;-)



Here's the progress pictures!!!!!
Ok- this was just too funny! Last night I attended our last childbirth class and the topic was breastfeeding :) So, the two young fathers-to-be that are in the class put on quite a show for us last night! First of all, we were watching a breastfeeding video and the one young father-to-be said,"if you see boobs on a breastfeeding video, it aint cheatin'!" :) ha ha!!!!! Then the 40 year old father-to-be didn't miss a beat and said,"just don't lick the screen!" ha ha!!! Needless to say, the entire class-instructors included-busted out laughing!


Then the other young father-to-be thought it was pretty cool that one woman could have 2 different sized breasts while breastfeeding (the example that was used during the class was, what if the baby is just feeding off of one breast? Well, that would mean the other breast would probably be larger, so you would have two different sized breasts). SOOOO, the young father-to-be said,"it's like having 2 girlfriends!!" ha ha!!! We all looked at his wife and she just rolled her eyes! ha ha!!!

These guys were characters, I tell you what! I really hated it that Mike had to work last night and missed the show... I mean the educational show of breastfeeding. Which between the comedy breaks was very informative and we received a great deal of good advice! Also, everyone missed him!!! They kept asking,"Where's Mike? Where's Mike?" and I told them he had to work so they made sure I took him some cookies (we got a treat for completing the class).

Oh, I also got an update on the under construction hospital. They are building an entirely new maternity section!!!! Well, come to find out- it shouldn't affect us. We will be delivering the baby in the old part of the hospital because the new part will not be completed and ready for occupancy until the first or second weeks of December. I'm pretty happy about this because I know my way around the "old" maternity ward and I might get a little freaked out with the new section and trying to find stuff, sigh.... I'm fine with change as long as I have time to prepare for it! ha ha!

So, other than those breaks from reality, there hasn't been much going on. Just working and counting down the days until we have a baby!!!

We are hoping that Mike can get into some type of school here; so he wont be in the shipyard during November..... I'm not holding my breath because it will all boil down to what his chain of command wants to do and that will be what he has to do! So, I'll just keep saying my prayers that he will not be on the road trying to get here while Sophia is being born!!!

I guess that's about all for now! It's hard to believe that I'm 7 months and 1 week pregnant! I can't wait to meet this little person :-)

2 comments:

  1. The likely hood of you having a short labor is not normal for the first baby. With both of Mine I was in labor for at least 12 hours so to ease your mine unless he gets shipped out to see he will be there for the babys birth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison -
    Hey!! You are so right and part of me is like, "yea - I will be in labor for a long time so that means Mike will be there... and the other part of me is like - Oh CRAP, I'm going to be in labor for a long time!!!!" :) So, you are easing my mind and I keep telling myself he will be there for the baby. :) What do you think about my blog? I tried some new stuff! The only thing I have a question about is adding the pages, do I create separate blogs and then add them to a "home" page?

    ReplyDelete