
Ok, here's the pictures from today and here are some of the nursery. We still have some work to do in there but it's definitely coming along....
We are going for our 3D ultrasound on August 26th!!! I'm so excited about that, I can't wait to see her!!! Then I have to go back to my regular OB-GYN on August 28th... I'm going every 3 weeks now.
Ok, so this week, I had to take the pictures. I'm sorry if they aren't that good but Mike had to work and I knew I had to upload the latest pictures of my ever growing belly :)
Today was my regular doctor pee in a cup & jump on the scale.... it went well considering my blood pressure was 120/60, my uterus has grown and is the size of a basketball, everything checked out good with the pee pee too:) Also, I heard little Sophia's beating heart!! It was in the 140's again and she was just as active as ever!! The midwife had to chase her around with the doppler to get a good sound of her heart beat!! ha ha! It was funny ;-)
Then there came the dreaded scale.... ugggg!!! For me, this is the ugly side of pregnancy - the WEIGHT GAIN!!! I weighed in at 159 lbs!!! For a total of 33 pounds so far and I have one week left of my second trimester. Well, the midwife wanted to know why I was gaining so much weight! How in the hell do I know, I have been exercising and I eat when I'm hungry. I guess the bad part is that I've gained 21 pounds in the last 2 months. So, she wants me to keep a journal of what I've been eating and I think that's bull crap!! I'm not going to start doing that until after the baby is born and I have to really worry about loosing weight. I think that if I let this weight gain issue consume me while I'm pregnant than it will affect Sophia and I don't want that at all. I want her healthy and happy! So, I will carry on as if I didn't have that conversation with the midwife. :)
We are going for our 3D ultrasound on August 26th!!! I'm so excited about that, I can't wait to see her!!! Then I have to go back to my regular OB-GYN on August 28th... I'm going every 3 weeks now.
Oh, we are going to save Sophia's Cord blood. If you want to know more about it go to http://www.cordblood.com/ .


Girl, don't you worry one bit about what that ignorant midwife says! :) You know how to take care of yourself, and it sounds like you're doing the right things! God made your body to do what it needs to, to take care of sweet Sophia! Don't give one thought to those dreaded scales! All of us moms have been there to!
ReplyDeleteCassie -
ReplyDeleteYou are angel :) Thank you for the encouraging words!!
Want me to sucker punch that midwife in her kidneys?
ReplyDeleteLittle sister - thank you for the offer but I might need that lady one day. LOL!
ReplyDelete